Re: [glob2-devel] Cmake issues, why we should stick with autoconf/make a

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Cmake issues, why we should stick with autoconf/make and ./configure
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 12:09:14 +0200

* Cmake refuses to work, no matter what configuration, on MinGW. It throws
out lots of complaints.

As far as I know cmake should work on mingw.
There is a wikipage about compiler issues, so it must work somewhere:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_MinGW_Compiler_Issues

This must be a problem with the way we use mingw.

* In the configure script, a variable called LIBS is set twice, once to do
with opengl and another to do with mingw. Cmake has no method of
determining, setting, checking, and including these in the compile command.

Can't we rename one of those variables or something like that?

We are not the only project that uses mingw, cmake and opengl.
Here is one that claims to be functioning:

http://www.k-3d.org/wiki/Windows_Build/MinGW

Maybe these links will help.
Good luck.