Re: [glob2-devel] map sizes (was: Minimap algorithm)

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] map sizes (was: Minimap algorithm)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 17:31:19 +0200

I vote not to change the available dimensions of the map, because it is not a
problem and there is much better ways to spend time.

If someone wants to overengineer a minor aspect of the game, fell free to
implement a PID [1] to control the viewport.

Anyway, I was playing supreme commander the other day, and I think one nice
feature glob2 could have would be a "big minimap" where one game cell would
occupy 4x4 pixels. This map could be used to do strategic operations. All
information would be purely symbolic. Buildings could be selected.

Steph

[1]     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pid