Re: [glob2-devel] Version 3 of GPL license issued yesterday

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Version 3 of GPL license issued yesterday
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:28:27 +0200

Bradley Arsenault wrote:
I don't see what your talking about. We've never had to distribute the source code to the YOG server, we could have kept it 100% private and refused to give copies to people at request, in any GPL version, as long as we didn't send out server binaries to other people. GPL v3 doesn't affect us in this matter.

You are maybe right. Anyways this does not affect us as we will have yog in every client, too.

In my opinion actually doing it the described way should be forbidden. how would you know you are actually allowed to close the source of yog as it has contributions of many others, too.

I don't want to contribute to a game, that basic functionality, the net game can become an expensive closed source add on. That's why I mentioned a license that also keeps server parts open.

Greetings, Leo Wandersleb