Re: [glob2-devel] Version 3 of GPL license issued yesterday

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Version 3 of GPL license issued yesterday
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:07:25 +0200

Kieran P wrote:
Ok, so thats Nct, Brad, donkyhotay, Joe, and myself. Just the following contributors from the past 3 months left.

You would have to ask all contributors of the past 80 years.

> Are you 5 for or against the
change to GPL v3 (putting aside any discussion, a simple yes or no will do, and if you need to, "license the changes to glob2" as joe wells said (and any futher ones if you would like to) so we can keep Globulation 2 free, without restrictions in the future :P )

GPLv2 is fine, too. Maybe v3 is better for the good of OSS but there is one point I would vote to not switch to v3 for but rather take Affero GPL. Theoretically with GPLv3 it would be possible to make the yog server closed source. Hey that's a nice trick to generate money from all those peoples work that have contributed more than 3 months ago </sarcasm>

Leo Wandersleb