Re: [glob2-devel] main page announcement of bounty system

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] main page announcement of bounty system
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:20:24 +0200

> First of all: I strongly believe oss will be the future in many if not all
> areas of software development.
> Having said that I insist in comparing glob2 with commercial products.

I don't, so I skip most parts of the mail.

>> Buy the way, ...

lol
I meant: "by the way".  I don't want to sell you something.

> > Nearly all projects that undergo a rewrite die in the process.  (We
> > should have listened to Steph!)  The reason that glob2 accumulates
> > patch-work-code,
> > is that glob2 does so well and still lives on.
>
> What? We shouldn't have merged the rewrite?? In my eyes it did more good than
> it broke. We simply shouldn't have released it again with no testing.

We were lucky that Bradley wrote so much. By the way: he barely
finished his last rewrite before he left.  If the timing had been a
bit worse,
another net-rewrite would have been left useless.

> > But talking about rewrite:  Leo, do you understand Erics improvements to
> > the
> > noise generator?  If you can work with it, we should merge it into the
> > master branch.
>
> I will look into it later.

OK.