Re: [glob2-devel] New prestige system

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New prestige system
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:03:46 +0100

OK, I have tried it and I liked it.
I created a new branch called "dynamicPrestige" on our server.
Everyone can try it:

# hg pull -r dynamicPrestige http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2
# hg update -C dynamicPrestige
# scons

There are two issues that I noticed:

1. After I won a game and clicked on "continue to play", I won a second
 time in one game.  I tried it a second time. This time I lost by starving my
globs after I had already won by prestige.  Both times the end screen
correctly told me that I have won, but nevertheless the victory condition
is not handled properly.

I guess Steph knows how to correct this quickly.

2.Our AI's of course don't know about the new prestige system.

Before this goes into the master branch, it must be optional or the AI's
must be updated.