[glob2-devel] Some gameplay comments on 0.9.3

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: [glob2-devel] Some gameplay comments on 0.9.3
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 17:28:29 +0200

Hello,

I've just played three games on the net. First of all, congratulation for the
great achievement in term of stability; the game never crashed and was really
smooth.

Now, I've some comments about the gameplay :
- I think that the warriors are too strong, especially at the start of game :
it makes rush too easy in my opinion,.
- I've seen that the unit allocation algo. was changed for reallocating unit
each time after one work (such as bringing one resource) ; while this add
dynamism, it is very frustrating at start of game, because units tend to
change targets of work very often and the whole colony behaves really bad.
This may be a bug in the way the score for unit-to-work allocation is
computed, or an instability in the allocation algo. Maybe we can lock the
unit to a target for more than one work, as it was done previously.

How and there is a very funny bug (my fault this time) when one has a screen
bigger than the whole map, buildings get displayed only once. I might fix it
one day ;-)

So congratulation for this release, now that it is working, I think/hope that
we will have more and more players, so a ladder system is definitively
wanted!

Have a nice day,