Re: [glob2-devel] Some gameplay comments on 0.9.3

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Some gameplay comments on 0.9.3
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 01:20:38 +0200

Hi

I think that firing after each task makes sense as long as distance to jobs is correctly weighted. I think that in the case I experienced, the distance to job was not weighted properly or there was not enough delay for the latest employer to propose a new job. The result was units constantly traveling 20 cases. When my colony was sufficiently advanced, things went very smooth; so I don't say the algo. is bad in itself, but maybe it should be weighted depending on the context.

What you describe is exactly the problem of full employment. the building who's turn it is hires a worker. if there is only one, there is no distance to be weighted. in this case the worker would have to choose among available tasks.

Greetings,

Leo Wandersleb