Re: [glob2-devel] New widgets: Image + ProgressBar

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] New widgets: Image + ProgressBar
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 15:22:53 +0200

> Nice work. The loading screen fits high resolutions now :D Although I must
> say, it does look a bit funny, the whole screen changing. And the new logo
> is (to quote someone on IRC) "looks rather stickish". But it is still much
> nicer than the old style.

The logo I've made has to be understood as a placeholder for a better one ;-)

> While you're modifying libGAG, think you could throw in some dropdown menu
> support? With all the options available in Custom Games and YOG now,
> cycling through each can be very tiresome :( Dropdowns would be awesome
> (was one of Apples suggestions in his thread about 2-3 weeks ago), but as
> far as I know (and if they are planned already, sorry guys), they're not in
> Giszmo/genixpros priority list, so if you have time to kill, this would be
> neat to add as well :D

The drop-down issue has been an open question for 10 years! To manage
correctly drop-down, the widget system must have the concept of widgets stack
(widgets have a z-order and higher ones receive events first), but libgag now
has the one of widgets bag (widgets are at the same level and are not allowed
to overlap). Of course, we can imagine an intermediate step with just two
levels. But anyway it's not that trivial.

Have a nice day,