Re: [glob2-devel] coding guidlines

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] coding guidlines
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:22:31 +1300

- a folder hirarchy reflecting the namespace usage.

I'd suggested this many months ago (although, divided into sections, not namespaces).

For example (where src = "" and include = .h)

lib/
   gag/
      src/
      include/
   gnupg/
   natsort/
   usl/
      src/
      include/
   wee/
      src/
      include/
src/
   ai/
      ai.h
      ai.cpp
      echo/
      nicowar/
      numbi/
   yog/
      router/
      server/

etc etc.

A splitting a lot more of the code off into libraries.

I agree with the other points you mentioned too. I may be delving into some C++ soon, and it would be nice to see I can access sidebar controls at:

src/
   game_gui/
      sidebar/
         minimap.cpp
         minimap.h

(for example).

I do think the decision was though that it was too much work for little benefit, which is why it hasn't been brought up since.

Regards
Kieran