Re: [glob2-devel] coding guidlines

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] coding guidlines
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 00:13:56 +0200

Kai Antweiler wrote:
> It sounds nice.
> Though, I generally have problems with putting restrictions to people
> that work for free.

hmm... that's a tradeoff. is it worth having features being coded at the cost
of unmaintainable code? i say no.
other projects (kernel as an extreme) have very rigid regimes and still have
many contributors.
clean code attracts developers.
if people provide patches for the clean code and others make these patches fit
to coding guidlines before committing, the code can stay rather clean.

> On the other hand - Bradley gets money.

not anymore. as long as we don't come to a new contract he is contributing for
no extra money like everybodey else, too.

greetings, leo