Re: [glob2-devel] Hints and objectives support in script

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Hints and objectives support in script
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 17:44:11 +0200

Hi

for details please read the old posts on this as i am 100% i'm repeating myself:

> I don't see any flaw with monitoring general statistics for our *own*

there is no problem about generating stats in general.

> website. Google analytics's is no different then any other tool we would
> use
> for the same purpose.

this is plain wrong. awstats or any other logfile analyzer does not expose the
local visitors data to the outside world and even worse unlike other small
companies that would offer a service similar to google, google has already
knowledge about what you search for (there is no real alternative to searching
via google), what ad-word providing pages you surfed, what other ga-using sites
you surfed, etc. all in all your surfing can be traced by one company at a
quota of over 50% i'd guess and if you happen to have a gmail account
(congrats) google even got a name for your ip/cookie for free.

before giving the same answers like last time please read the old threads
carefully as this ignorance  (sorry) about my and other peoples concerns really
makes me angry.

greetings,

leo wandersleb