Re: [Gm2] Unable to build libgm2 on Mac 10.9.5 (Inrtel), Mac 10.5.8 (PPC

From: john o goyo
Subject: Re: [Gm2] Unable to build libgm2 on Mac 10.9.5 (Inrtel), Mac 10.5.8 (PPC), or Solaris 10 (Sparc)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 09:25:08 -0400

Greeting, Gaius:

On 16 Apr 2015, at 08:01, Gaius Mulley wrote:
Hi John,

I'm going to try building on freebsd in an attempt to try building on
non debian systems. This proved valuable in the past - the differences were minor but quickly identifiable. I've also applied for an account on the
gcc compile farm which will expose gm2 to a variety of different build
hosts (hopefully with some parallel build as well).

Thank you, Gaius.

Yes the 4.7.4 build is quite different to the 4.1.2 (libgm2 is mandatory
on 4.7.4 as it needs to build multiarch libraries).

Thanks for trying gm2 and reporting the build failure!

Well, I do want a Modula-2 compiler on my Solaris box. At present, I am using gm2-4.1.2 and the ULM compiler (slightly modified). Will the current libgm2 build in the gcc-4.1.2 tree or has that gone?

john