gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] gNewSense complete theme revision idea

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] gNewSense complete theme revision idea
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:51:07 +0200

Karl Goetz schreef:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 20:11:42 +0200
"Frederique W. Piccart" <address@hidden> wrote:
As for the logo, I was thinking of a silver like power orb, consuming
energy surrounding it to a single point in the center. This could
represent the strength of true free software, and how it brings people
together.

I'm still left wondering _why_ we should change the logo in this way.

Me too. I'm not sure how well known the gNewSense "brand" is now, but we're not magically going to make it more popular and better liked by changing the logo to something radically different. I think the NeuvoSentido update of the tree was great: it gave a fresher (and more modern) look to it, while keeping it recognizable.