gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Re-Licensing Artwork.

From: r. siddharth
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Re-Licensing Artwork.
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 00:27:03 +0530

Howdy,

With the gNewSense 3.0 release around the corner, it'll be great if we
resolve and update the license statement (for documentation &
artwork) in the gNewSense website/wiki. The progress is tracked at RelicensingArtwork[1].

Here are the snippets of the discussion[2] we had before:

alexus (al3u5/dotcommon) said:

We can decide to "migrate" the whole (both text and artwork) GNS's wiki to
FDL only. This leads to: - first, ask contributors (copyright holders) of
the artwork (mostly images) that is already inserted on the GNS's wiki to
dual licensing their works under both FDL and CC BY-SA -then, provide that
from now on all the new artwork on the GNS's wiki is required to be licensed
under the FDL (changing in an appropriate way the license statement in the
footer)
This way needs some activities to be performed now, but should avoid problems in
the future.

rsiddharth said:

Why can't the new artwork be dual licensed (GFDL & CC BY-SA) ?

Samgee said:

If it's merely listed (aggregated) on the wiki, then any free license should
not be aproblem. If it's integrated, then it should have at least one GFDL
compatible license, but there's no objection to GFDL + CC-BY-SA dual licensing.

Period.

Artwork contributors -- Briareoh, Dave Crossland, Mariapc, have not responded yet. If we're going to change the licensing clause before they (the contributors) respond, then, we may move their respective artwork to a separate page, until they reciprocate to us about their approval/dis-approval of the re-licensing.

Period.

So how are we going to proceed from here ?

Thanks.

[1]: http://www.gnewsense.org/RelicensingArtwork
[2]: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-art/2012-05/msg00000.html
--