Re: SMS logo error

From: Markus Plail
Subject: Re: SMS logo error
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:25:54 +0200

Hi Marcin!

* Marcin Wiacek writes:
> Hi!

>> First: Do you even try to understand what I wrote? It seems not.
> Yes. I read it few times and tried to understand.

GOOD!

>> No. Once again and very slowly, special service for you:
>> Pawel's message:
>> So now please take your time and read it.. oh and try to understand
>> it. Up to breakpoint there is talk about *SENDING* operator
>> logos. Pawels question concerning this was. "Is the logo delivered?"
>> AFTER the breakpoint Eugene says he has problems *READING* logos as
>> well and Pawel asks what cable he is using. OK?
> So OK. Maybe here in this point I'm wrong. Sorry.

Don't you think it would be a _good_ idea to try to understand what one
writes - especially after you have been pointed at your
misunderstanding - before accusing someone in the way you did?

> But additionaly I told about using CVS and you ignored this interesting
> thing (proposing using not tested source)....

CVS source *is* tested. It's tested by whoever checked the code
in. Then others test it, be it developers or users. That's the whole
idea of CVS apart from version management: Latest source can be easily
tested and therefore the user knows if something is fixed between the
latest release and now. I can't see why asking a user to test CVS is
bad. Almost any project I have came across asks you to check out CVS
versions before submitting a bug report for a bug which may have been
fixed in the meantime.

>> [usual Marcicism snipped]
> Hmmm, were something not true there ? Or you simply don't want to see
> anything else than gnokii and methods here ?

Most of it was accusing Pawel based on your wrong understanding of his
email and the other part was telling that mygnokii is better than
gnokii, the usual so to say.

Regards
Markus