Re: CVS update: SMSC fixes

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: CVS update: SMSC fixes
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 21:01:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, michael muhlhaus wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 07:27:35PM +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
>
> > Michael, could you please retest SMSC retrieving on 6510? Please do also
> > the test with a default SMSC proile.
>
> It works now for SMSC's 2 und 3. The name for SMSC 1 can't be changed
> from the phone menu and seems
> to be hardcoded somewhere. It still shows up as
>
> No. 1: "(none)" (defined name)
>
> Not a big deal, I had initially thought this might be the reason for
> the failing --sendsms, but this doesn't seem to be the case.
> Maybe hardcode it right back at them :)

Yep. I'm afraid the name is nowhere stored. You can try to overwrite it
with gnokii (as soon as 6510 driver will be cabable to do it).

> > SMS sending for 6510 is still waiting for the solution.
>
> What are we looking for here? A log of the IrDA exchange under
> Windows? Are there any proven tools and techniques for accomplishing
> this?

Yep. A log from the exchange between phone and computer. I use Oxygen,
portmon (serial port sniffer) and dlr3p cable for basic dumps. Then use
gnokii, change several bits and guess the meaning of them.

pkot