[BUGREPORT] xgnokii

From: Paul.Vriens
Subject: [BUGREPORT] xgnokii
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:51:22 +0200

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with editing and adding phonebook-entries with xgnokii.
My phone is a 6310 and I'm using the latest CVS (date August 25).

New entry:

- open the 'new entry' window from the 'Contacts' window.
- Fill in a name
- Click on Number
- Add a number and click OK

The Name has disappeared !!.

Edit entry:

- Load the phonebook from within the 'Contacts' window.
- I have one contact (SIM) with a 'General number' The name is too small so I
want
  to move this one from SIM to PHONE and change the name.
- Click on PHONE and change the name.
- Click OK

Now the name and the memory location is changed in the 'Contacts' window. The
number has
however disappeared !

Edit entry:

- Load the phonebook from within the 'Contacts' window.
- I have a contact (SIM)
- I click on Number to see the 'Type' of this number. The number belongs to the
'Unknown' type.
- I double-click the 'Unknown' number to change this to 'General'
- The 'Edit subentries' windows opens and I click OK because the Type should be
General
- The Unknown entry is now changed in to some strange characters.

(When I specifically select 'General' as being the type it works fine).

The problems above are not critical of course, but I was trying to reproduce a
problem whereby I
edit an entry in the phonebook save it back and it get's lost. I will try and
reproduce that as well.
(FWIW I will try and locate the problem in the source)

Cheers,

Paul Vriens.