[BUGREPORT] xgnokii

From: Paul.Vriens
Subject: [BUGREPORT] xgnokii
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:05:07 +0200

Hi,

> Edit entry:
>
> - Load the phonebook from within the 'Contacts' window.
> - I have a contact (SIM)
> - I click on Number to see the 'Type' of this number. The number belongs =
>   to the 'Unknown' type.
> - I double-click the 'Unknown' number to change this to 'General'
> - The 'Edit subentries' windows opens and I click OK because the Type =
>  should be General
>  - The Unknown entry is now changed in to some strange characters.
>
>  (When I specifically select 'General' as being the type it works fine).

I think I found the problem for the strange characters in the Edit entry which
I reported yesterday.
In the routine inttotype (xgnokii_contacts.c) there is no check for anything
but 0..9. I do not
know however what will be the best solution to fix this:

- Add a -1 check (for nothing selected) and return "Unknown"
- Add a -1 check and return "General" as being the first in the list
- Some other rule based on the memory type of the entry (SIM can only be
General/Unknown AFAIK).

Another point is that the type-text is hard-coded which will not show nice in
other languages.

Hope to be of help,

Paul.