unpredictable --keysequence results

From: Tobie Kerridge
Subject: unpredictable --keysequence results
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:01:44 +0000

hi,

I am doing project which would depend on a set of scripted routines to reliably control the LCD display behaviour of my 6210 from gnokii. For example, this moves the GUI to the sms input screen from the initial screen:

echo 'mmm' | /usr/local/sbin/gnokii --keysequence

Theoretically I should be able to get/do anything with --keysequence that I could do with the phone keypad, but I am finding it is unpredictable. From the sms input screen, to call up the option menu I should expect to use:

echo 'm' | /usr/local/sbin/gnokii --keysequence

but it activates the T9 Dictionary. It seems to do a "hard" menu selection that does not map to the behaviour of using the keypad interface.

Has anyone been able to do this successfully?

best wishes,
Tobie