Re: gnokii 0.5.0pre5 rpms for SuSE 8.1

From: Peter Nixon
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.5.0pre5 rpms for SuSE 8.1
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:59:52 +0200

ashley pestkowski wrote:

> Does anybody want to produce a Redhat 8 version of this? I would love to
> but have not got the skills to do so. Using rpm currently on the server
> (gnokii-0.4.3-1.i386.rpm) I had lots of problems (seg faults, xgnokii
> closes when I try to send a sms etc) with a Nokia 6310i. I compiled the
> gnokii-0.5.0pre5.tar.gz and it worked.

I would but I thankfully just shot my last RedHat server (That I inherited
when I started at the company I work for) and I currently dont have enough
ram in my notebook to run vmware effectively.
You should be able to use my spec file with a little effort, or play around
with the RedHat one that comes with the source. It needs updating to
include smsd in the compilation though (If you intend to use smsd)

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/