gnokii 0.4.3: smsd leading zero truncation problem.

From: Martin A. Brooks
Subject: gnokii 0.4.3: smsd leading zero truncation problem.
Date: 11 Feb 2003 08:21:59 +0000

Hello

I've hit an interesting smsd problem.  In the UK, all mobile phone
numbers start with "0" so, from the command line, I can quite cheefully
send myself an sms with:

        printf "testing" | gnokii --sendsms 0787989XXXX

When I try to do this my inserting a row into the outbox table, the
leading "0" is truncated as the number field is an INT and not VARCHAR
field.  This leads to the SMS send failing.

Have I missed something really silly here?

--
Martin A. Brooks <address@hidden>