Re: gnokii 0.5.0pre7

From: Hans Motshärg
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.5.0pre7
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:02:30 +0200

Pawel Kot ::
address@hidden 14 February 2003 14:21:52 >>>

Install script copys localized/compiled gnokii.mo into /usr/local/share/locale/[locale]/LC_MESSAGES/
as 'ac_default_prefix=/usr/local' instructs,
but should copy it into
/usr/share/locale/[locale]/LC_MESSAGES/

Should ac_default_prefix point to /usr instead of /usr/local ?

IMHO this is correct. Use ./configure --prefix=/usr if you want
it the way you describe.
Yes, its correct when I want in way I described , but....

From Docs/gettext-howto
----
"5. How to install the files
Again, the makefile takes care of this. Simply use (as root)

        make install

in the po directory. If you want to do this manually (and/or
for your language only), move the .mo file to
/usr/share/locale/<your locale>/LC_MESSAGES/gnokii.mo "
----

But when makefile was created by configure script and configure was run with default settings "ac_default_prefix=/usr/local" then you have two different locations and versions of <you locale>.mo files.

gnokii compiled with default prefix in configure script.

With strace you can find out what files are opened for reading when
you run gnokii --identify (identify for example here).

open("/usr/share/locale/<your locale>/LC_MESSAGES/gnokii.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

File is /usr/local/share/locale/<your locale>/LC_MESSAGES/gnokii.mo but gnokii was not looking it there.

BTW with connection=dlr3p and model=6510 (Phone 6310i) pre7 is not working, it times out. I'm digging reasons currently, maybe this is only my problem. I'm not suspecting cable as it is genuine and works well with W$$$ and Nokia Datasuite.

With dau9p seems working like charm.

WBR,
--
Hans