Re: statemachine flaws/weaknesses

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: statemachine flaws/weaknesses
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:19:26 +0100

>>> address@hidden 24 February 2003 10:28:39 >>>
> 1) sm_block_no_retry _does_ resending of last message

Indeed. During the weekend hacking on gnokii I also found
that there's no function that does not resending. I think there
was one, but probably it got evelved in what we have. Not
good.

> 2) __sm_block_timeout will block at _most_ timeout amount of time.
>    select is used to see if a read will not block. this condition is
>    true when at least one character is waiting in input buffer...

You mean: we will exit with success when not full input buffer
is received. Right?

> this way timeout is always what it ought to be. well, perhaps i
missed
> some tweaks around GN_SM_ResponseReceived and
GN_SM_WaitingForResponse,
> but above basically does the job. objections?

Looks good for me.

> also i'd like to see non timeout functions to die.

Yes, when analysing the statemachine I came to the same
solution. They look totally redundant.

Anyway, these do not solve Osma problems yet. But that's
a big step forward.

pkot