Re: Why only in FBUS?

From: Osma Suominen
Subject: Re: Why only in FBUS?
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:53:46 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Eduardo Garcia wrote:

> Hello guys,
>     Why the authentication is performed only using FBUS in gnokii?
>     Please follow me on analyze of gnokii source code.
>     I see that Authentication() found in nk6100.c don't use pointers
> structure to send packages to phone.
>     This function define FBUS frames and send his to phone. No MBUS is
> supported.
>
>     Am I right?
>     Why the authentication is performed only using FBUS in gnokii?

I think you have misunderstood something. The Authentication function
indeed sends packets with the FBUS_FRAME_HEADER first, but so does every
other function in nk6100.c that sends anything to the phone, regardless
of the link type. I think the constant is just awkwardly named.

The Authentication() function uses sm_message_send() and sm_block() to
send and wait for packets just like other functions so it shouldn't be
FBUS specific.

But perhaps the constant FBUS_FRAME_HEADER should be named something
else and moved away from include/links/fbus.h?
(Or maybe _I_ have misunderstood something...)

-Osma

--
*** Osma Suominen *** address@hidden *** http://www.iki.fi/ozone/ ***