Re: compilation error in solaris 8(sparc versions)

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: compilation error in solaris 8(sparc versions)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:20:57 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 06:22:39PM +0800, sam foo wrote:
> hi all:
> i had been trying to compiled the gnokii in my sun netra for weeks & going
> nowhere, can anyone help me by telling me what is the prerequsite s/w need
> beside
> gettest, autoconf , gcc , make etc ??
> i had try the CFLAGS=-fPIC ./configure --without-x but i still got the same
> error.

Which version of gnokii are you using? I managed to compile flawlessly
the current cvs (--without-x). I've got a solaris 9 box with the following
packages installed from sunfreeware:

    application SMCautoc       autoconf
    application SMCautom       automake
    application SMCbinut       binutils
    application SMCbison       bison
    application SMCcvs         cvs
    application SMCdiffu       diffutils
    application SMCflex        flex
    application SMCgcc3        gcc
    application SMCgdb         gdb
    application SMCgettext     gettext
    application SMCglib        glib
    application SMClibi        libiconv
    application SMCm4          m4
    application SMCmake        make
    application SMCmutt        mutt
    application SMCnc          nc
    application SMCncurs       ncurses
    application SMCsudo        sudo
    application SMCtop         top
    application SMCvim         vim

Most of these packages are unneccessry to compile gnokii, just part of my
usual developing environment.

Bye,
Bozo