Re: Nokia Message Type OR commands?

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia Message Type OR commands?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 10:49:39 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 12:00:10AM -0800, NKV wrote:
>     Thanks Bozo for your indepth answers yet. I am using Windows OS as
> a platform and VC/VB for developing my application. Now from your last
> reply, there are some terms/things which I donot understands. I am
> stating here.
>
> 1: What is libgnokii? Where can I get it?
> 2: Establishing Data Calls? Do u mean M2 will automatically accept the call
> made by M1?
> 3: What is RLP subsystem?

libgnokii is part of gnokii. Everything under common/ will be compiled
and linked as a library. gnokii (the binary) is just a terminal based
frontend for libgnokii. So if your program is licensed under the GPL
you can link libgnokii (gnokii.dll on windows) to your application.

There are two basic cathegories of calls: voice call (human conversation)
and data calls (data exchange between computers). If you want to use
your 6110 as a modem you need to establish data calls. The RLP protocol
is used during the data call. 6110 and derivates don't contain a
built-in modem, so the RLP protocol must be implemented in software.

Bye,
Bozo