Re: Whats next?

From: NKV
Subject: Re: Whats next?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:32:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bozo,
   I don't have GCC compiler. I am using Windows XP. I have tried compiling gnokii-skeleton.c using Borland Turbo C++ compiler but it gives following errors when i compile:
   Unable to open include file 'GNOKII/Error.h'
   Unable to open include file 'GNOKII/Comm.h'
   Unable to open include file 'GNOKII/Encoding.h'
   etc.

I apologise any inconvinience to you in this regard. This is small task of compiling but I am failed in doing so. Kindly help me!

Bye,
Viki.

BORBELY Zoltan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 12:21:38PM -0800, NKV wrote:
> I have bought Nokia 6110 + MBUS/FBUS serial cable. This is the first
> time I am having these two things, since haven't done Mobile - PC
> communication before. I trust there lies a conventional "Hello World"
> program for Mobile - PC communication via serial port. Could you please
> tell me what is that "Hello World" program? Which I can run and gain
> some confidence.

Try to compile and run gnokii first. If it's working correctly, you
will know your cable and your setup is ok.

Here is a simple example, it will query various memory statistics:

http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnokii-users/2003-05/msg00047.html

you can compile it with:

gcc -o gnokii-skeleton `pkg-config --cflags gnokii` gnokii-skeleton.c `pkg-config --libs gnokii`

Bye,
Bozo