Re: Nokia3230 can't connect gnokii via bluetooth or irda

From: Jari Turkia
Subject: Re: Nokia3230 can't connect gnokii via bluetooth or irda
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 12:27:11 +0300

Chen Yuan wrote:
my OS is WinXP+SP1 and I had download the lastest gnokii (0.6.16) from
www.gnokii.org.
Latest binaries seem not to be available. Anyway, good to hear that somebody else other than me managed to compile the thing. :-)

1 bluetooth connection
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Windows

With BT you're out of luck. No support yet.

2 Infrared

[global]
port = IrDA:IrCOMM
Currently that does not work. The 'IrDA:IrCOMM' was not documented and I learned about that a couple months ago from Daniele. That is on my slowly/never shortening to-do -list.

Install Nokia IrDA driver and you'll get a COM-port. Use that with IrDA, works great.

Regards,
Jari Turkia