Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X

From: Martin Ritchie
Subject: Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 02:00:04 +0100

Hello,

First off thakks for putting together this sofware it is fantastic. I
use it as part of a status reporting system using a Nokia 7110.

However I have a new process that I'm writing and testing via a nokia
6230 and I've hit a problem.

The smsreader isn't supported over bluetooth which is ok I'm using
monitor to detect when there are Unread messages.

However getsms from memory IN doesn't see the new messages. My thought
was there is another memory location that the unread messages are
stored in but I can't see any documentation for that.

I need to be able to read messages without interacting with the phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mac OS X (10.4.9) isn't the final platform .. problably run it on
Fedora 5+ but for testing need it get it working on OS X.

--
Martin Ritchie