Re: Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X

From: Martin Ritchie
Subject: Re: Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 14:18:58 +0100

On 14/06/07, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
Martin Ritchie wrote:

> However getsms from memory IN doesn't see the new messages. My thought
> was there is another memory location that the unread messages are
> stored in but I can't see any documentation for that.

a list of all memory types known by gnokii is here
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Memory_type_codes

I don't know what types are supported by your phone, but a hint might be found
in the output of
gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus

if you find a solution we can update the two really short pages about the 6230
that are in the wiki
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Nokia6230ConfigOSX
http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Nokia6230ConfigGnuLinux

--
Daniele

Thanks for the response. Unfortuately I don't have the laptop and
phone here at work but from memory showsmsfolderstatus shows four
folders

0 Inbox     with 163 msgs
1 Sent
2 Drafts
3 Templates

The list doesn't show any hints about unread messages.

doing a getsms IN 1 1 retrieves the last received message .. first in
inbox but this is a previously read message.

The unread message seems to be stored some where else.

To be fair I haven't systematically gone through every memory type but
I tried the likely suspects and they all return not supported on this
phone. Will try them all tonight and report back.

I may just have to use a different phone.

Thanks for the suggestions though, will let you know how it goes later.

--
Martin Ritchie