Re: Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X

From: Martin Ritchie
Subject: Re: Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 02:09:15 +0100

On 15/06/07, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
Martin Ritchie wrote:

> Did notice this in the ChangeLog:
>
>  o add new_message_store field of gn_memory_type type to
>    gn_sms_status                                  (David Vrabel)
>
> but couldn't see where new_message_store was being used for the
> nk6510.

it's for the AT driver, but it's not used/needed (the reason is in the comment
for AT_SetSMSMemoryType() in common/phones/atgen.c)

--
Daniele

Thanks for all the help.  The smsd wouldn't compile under osx for me.
However, as you pointed out the message 1 isn't always the first. It
just happend that it was. So I grabbed all the messages and it
included the unread message. So I whipped together a series of scripts
to use the monitor to wait for unread messages to arrive then used
getsms to pull all the messages to find the unread one :)

Works a charm for the demo system. Will probably be using a different
phone for the live system. Hopefully I'll be able to help out ab it
with the gnapplet.sis as most of my phones are s60.

thanks again.
--
Martin Ritchie