Re: New phone needs new settings

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: New phone needs new settings
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 22:23:33 +0200

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 10:19 PM, Cameron Laird <address@hidden> wrote:
> Pawel's entirely right--except more so:  not all DKU-5s
> behave the same, in my experience.  There are definite
> differences within some cable types, for example, between
> those from a Nokia factory, and those that are not.

Well, for all the cables there exist clones. They contain different
chipsets but they are supposed to behave the same way as the original
one. The most popular are indeed DKU-5 clones and their support in
Linux depends on the chipsed used.

On the other way DKU-2 and CA-53 (not sure about this DKE) are passive
cables and clone should be supported the same way as original one is.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot