Re: New phone needs new settings

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: New phone needs new settings
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 11:21:06 -0400

    Daniele> try to use Buetooth as Pawel suggested: you'll probably get more
    Daniele> functionality with model = series40
    Daniele> but I think nobody has tested a Series 40 5th Ed. yet

I just tried that.  My bluetooth dongle is plugged in and the LED is
flashing sort of at random.  I installed gnokii 0.6.26 via
./configure;make;make install on Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon).

When I plug in the bluetooth dongle, dmesg says:

   [181474.040000] usb 1-3: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and
address 9
   [181474.252000] usb 1-3: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice

I changed the .gnokiirc file that works with the USB cable so that:

   port = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
   model = series40
   connection = bluetooth

instead of

   port = /dev/ttyACM0
   model = AT
   connection = serial

It hangs for a noticeable time on the message:

   Connecting
   Serial device: opening device aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

And then says:

   Can't connect: Host is down
   Couldn't open PHONET device: Host is down
   Error in link initialisation: 1
   Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
   Quitting.
   Command failed.

This is the first thing I've tried with the bluetooth dongle, so
that's a possible problem.  Or I may be misunderstanding something
about the way to rewrite the configuration file.

Any suggestions?

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

She'd read up on the local pioneers -- the people who'd arrived in the
area in the early nineteenth century and had cleared the land,
chopping down the trees, burning their trunks and branches, arranging
their gigantic roots into the stump fences that were still to be seen
here and there, slowly decaying.  Many of these people had never used
an axe before they'd come.  Some of them had chopped off their legs;
others had stood in buckets while using their axes in order to avoid
that fate.

Margaret Attwood, _Moral Disorder_