Re: New phone needs new settings

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: New phone needs new settings
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 19:22:40 +0200

2008/5/31 Laura Conrad wrote:

>   port = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

> It hangs for a noticeable time on the message:
>
>   Connecting
>   Serial device: opening device aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

replace aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff with Bluetooth address of phone (use the
sdptool command)

you may also need to add a line with the correct channel number
in my case it is rfcomm_channel = 3 instead of the default "1"

this is similiar to what you'll get (if you have just one phone in range):

$ sdptool search SP
Inquiring ...
Searching for SP on 00:1A:75:00:00:00 ...
Service Name: Serial Port
Service RecHandle: 0x10003
Service Class ID List:
  "Serial Port" (0x1101)
Protocol Descriptor List:
  "L2CAP" (0x0100)
  "RFCOMM" (0x0003)
    Channel: 3

which would give a gnokiirc like this:
[global]
port = 00:1A:75:00:00:00
model = series40
connection = bluetooth
rfcomm_channel = 3

a small program or script to give this isn't a bad idea, we could
derive the code from gnome-phone-manager which searches channels in a
smarter way
--
Daniele Forsi