Nokia 6555

From: Greg Franks
Subject: Nokia 6555
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:27:51 -0500

Howdy. Has anyone managed to connect a nokia 6555 with a CA-101 USB cable successfully? My mac will recognize it in disk mode, but using model=series40, connection=dku2, and the appropriate port mumbo jumbo, all I get is:

bash-3.2$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.27
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /Users/greg/.gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = series40
port = /dev/cu.usbmodem1812
connection = dku2
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
Serial device: opening device /dev/cu.usbmodem1812
Getting model...
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006
00 01 00 07 01 00                               |
The fbus stream is out of sync - expected 0x0c, got 0x00
The fbus stream is out of sync - expected 0x0c, got 0x00
Message sent: 0x1b / 0x0006

Curiously, Mac OSX says there are two ports opened up usbmodem1812 and usbmodem181A. With the older cable to a 6020, I would only get one modem port.