[Gnu-arch-users] defining tags with add-tag

From: Benjamin Bytheway
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] defining tags with add-tag
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:54:06 -0600

I'm a very new user of the arch system, and I must say that I'm very impressed so far. It's a great system and holds a lot of promise for the future.

I've been following the tagging discussion with some interest the past few days, and decided to try some things out. To be honest, at this point explicit tagging is the most interesting to me, because I don't want to have to modify source files themselves in order to do renames, especially since I'm going to have to track changes to the source from the main CVS repository. I was disappointed that there seemed no way to manually define explicit tags, like you can define taglines. For my own amusement, I added an option to the add-tag command that could accept a manual override of the auto-generated tag. I'm not quite up to speed on all the latest philosophies of tagging for 1.1, but is this a feature that might be interesting to anyone?

Ben Bytheway