Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert upd

From: Ganesh Sittampalam
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert update
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:58:19 +0100

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:44:14 +1000, Robert Collins <address@hidden>
wrote:

>Why? Any MUA worth using removes duplicate messages. I only ever get one
>message, even if the message goes to two or three lists I'm on.
>
>If your mua doesn't do this for you.. well thats a problem - for you.

I read (some) lists and personal email in different MUAs (and indeed often
receive the emails at different addresses). Maybe you'll say that's my
problem too, but it seems like a perfectly reasonable setup to me. And as
others have pointed out, duplicate removal is prone to removing the
duplicate from the wrong folder.

Cheers,

Ganesh