Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert upd

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert update
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:56:47 -0400

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 09:59:39AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> The bodies are approximately[0] identical - the headers are
> not[1]. Usually, one was sent to you, and one to the list. Most people
> will filter these into different folders.

I've always sorted my mail based on the To/CC headers -- which results in
messages being filed properly regardless of the route they take, and is not
dependent on details of the list manager*.

* The notable exception being old broken list managers that actually rewrote
  the To: header; I'm not sure if there are still any of these around.

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge