Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert upd

From: markj
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert update
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:09:23 +0100

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 10:08:53AM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Ideally, the list manager would add a `Mail-Followup-To:' header for
> messages send by a person subscribed to the list, which would consist of
> all recipients, but not the sender -- that would make a `followup'
> command do exactly what you want, without sending duplicate messages.

No, MFT is a non-standard brain-damaged header.  Ideally the mail client
should notice the List-* headers and offer an appropriate action.

(Yes, I regard the listserv setting Reply-To as brain-damaged too.  It would
delete Miles's preferred reply address, for example.  It would be odd for a
gnu listserv to obstruct gnu users.)

MJR, rebuilding stuff locally.