Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert upd

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert update
Date: 20 Aug 2003 00:22:20 -0700

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 12:38, Jan Harkes wrote:

> And if I do "list reply" the response goes only to the list, just as I
> like it.

There is no "list reply" in my mailer, which is an extremely common
mailer.

> Let's assume I intentionally wanted to respond to you in private with
> this email, f.i. when I try to ask a stupid question and do not want
> to look like a complete fool on the mailing list.
>
> At the moment I can just hit reply-to and everything works fine...

This argument can be turned around for the _common case_ of replying to
the _list only_.  In fact, that's what I do 99.9% of the time.  So,
frankly, this whole line of reasoning leaves me totally cold and
somewhat perplexed at the insistence that I should care about it.

My preference is solidified.  Tom will do what he likes with the list.

Bob