Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert update

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert update
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 11:28:43 +0200

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003 at 11:03:58 AM,
    Jonathan Walther <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now, when I do an explicit tag of a file while using tagline, how do I
> tell arch "this is a binary file, not a text file"?  How exactly does
> arch handle binary files differently from text files?

`Introducing Changesets' of the tutorial:

        mkpatch can compare binary files (saving complete copies of the
        old and new versions if they differ) and symbolic links (saving
        the old and new link targets, if they differ).

> Also, the rstart program has some files named @List and @Aliases.  Do
> these names conflict with anything crucial in the Arch naming scheme?

After a quick glance at ``The arch Naming Conventions'' I'd say they'd
be consindered unrecognized.

> How do I tell arch that they are legitimate source text files?

``How to Customize Naming Conventions'' tells me that you want to add a
line like
        source ^(address@hidden|\.arch-ids|\{arch\}|\.arch-project-tree)$
to {arch}/=tagging-method.

> Manpages are text pages; does anyone know the roff language well enough
> to tell me how to put an arch tagline in a manpage?

groff.7 reveals:

        SINGLE CHARACTER ESCAPES
                \"     Beginning of a comment. Everything up to the end
                       of the line is ignored.

> Jonathan

C'm on Jonathan. :-)
(Well, I can anticipate that you're quite busy these days, so nevermind)

-- tcr (address@hidden)  ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''