Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert upd

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: the dangers of no reply-to munging; Xouvert update
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 06:17:20 +1000

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 19:58, Ganesh Sittampalam wrote:

> I read (some) lists and personal email in different MUAs (and indeed often
> receive the emails at different addresses). Maybe you'll say that's my
> problem too, but it seems like a perfectly reasonable setup to me.

No problem, just the way you like it. That doesn't really have much
bearing on this, only to emphasis the problem - if I want to send you
personal email, and you like to get it on a different address to the one
used on the list, Reply To Munging will trash that concept.

>  And as
> others have pointed out, duplicate removal is prone to removing the
> duplicate from the wrong folder.

So.. fix it. Add a option to your favourite duplicate-detector to
'prefer-list-visited-copies' and code a heuristic to be enabled by that.

Rob