Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [arch-users] hooks and remote archives

From: Miles Egan
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [arch-users] hooks and remote archives
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:02:40 -0700

Bruce Stephens wrote:

You can't do this, because there's currently nothing in the client
that uses hooks defined in the archive.  And there's no server to do
stuff.

So you'll need to do it by introducing some kind of process.  For
example, for the archive that many people may commit to (perhaps
because it represents what you'd use the CVS HEAD for, or because
you're wanting to have something to make releases from, or whatever),
you could have that archive owned by a special user, and set up that
user with whatever hooks you want.
Sorry for the dupe request. I didn't see my first message for a while so I thought it was lost.

This is a significant minus for arch for us. We use the commit emails as a kind of informal code review process.

I guess I could set up some kind of cron job to send out change mails, right?

miles