Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [arch-users] hooks and remote archives

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [arch-users] hooks and remote archives
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:12:02 +0100

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 07:02:40AM -0700, Miles Egan wrote:
> This is a significant minus for arch for us.  We use the commit emails
> as a kind of informal code review process.

Skipping all the workable solutions for a moment, here's something to
consider:

Putting the notifications in client-side hooks is about as reliable as
what cvs does - cvs relies on the client to run the notification
script. This is easily duplicated by having a client hook which
executes a script found in the repository.

I don't recommend doing that, because there are other solutions which
really _are_ reliable.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |