Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagging-method explicit implementation

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagging-method explicit implementation
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:34:15 +0100

On 2003-08-29 02:14:49 +0100 Mark A. Flacy <address@hidden> wrote:
Maksim> 1. no "shadow" id files, as there are now, one for every file in
Maksim>    the archive.
*But why is that a problem?*

It makes implementation of tools that use the arch source tree harder, as one example.

How would it make arch's life harder? Reading a data file is normally easier than scanning for files in a tree.

[...]
I'm rather annoyed at you attempting to remove a functionality that *I*
find very useful.

Who is attempting to remove functionality? I thought this discussion was about improving explicit tagging. Please don't get annoyed, but try to see if you can think up a way for tagliners not to hinder explicit taggers.

[...]
Finally, when you use taglines you won't find .id files.

If you use taglines, why do you feel so strongly about id file structures?