Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagging-method explicit implementation

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tagging-method explicit implementation
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:06:09 +0100

On 2003-08-29 15:20:54 +0100 Robert Anderson <address@hidden> wrote:
It makes implementation of tools that use the arch source tree harder, as one example.
Harder than what?  Example?  Don't forget about 'tla inventory'.

Harder than reading one file. Don't forget, I'm considering implementations without tla. Maybe the sanest way is to capture the tla inventory outputs to a file, but then that has to be a nice import/export form.

As has been mentioned a couple times already, it introduces redundant
state (paths on directory moves) and the resulting (unnecessary) task of
keeping it synchronized.

Doesn't tla already keep state and do synchronisation for those files with explicit tags? Damnit, I need more time to play with this.