[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Using Arch to track non-Arch upstreams

From: John Goerzen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Using Arch to track non-Arch upstreams
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:06:35 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems like people may be talking about different cases...

Ahh, quite possible.

>   (2) Where the taglines are _not_ in the canonical sources, and are

This is the scenario I am looking at.

>       re-added to the source files whenever you do an import.

I'm not sure what you mean be re-added; are you thinking of something
like an automated process that iterates over the tree adding taglines?
Because if you are, I think that still wouldn't track renames well.

>       In this case, they're obviously a bit more annoying, and less
>       obviously superior to explicit tags.

I think I may have also had a little mistake in terminology; I said
"taglines" everywhere where I meant "tags".  Sorry about that.

-- John