Re: [Gnu-arch-users] fixing and extending "selected commit"

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] fixing and extending "selected commit"
Date: 01 Oct 2003 09:03:21 -0700

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 15:42, Denys Duchier wrote:
> At Tom's request on IRC, I am continuing this conversation on the
> list.

While what you're proposing sounds like a nice and essential feature, I
wonder if it doesn't make sense to take this the next step as long as
you're going 2/3 of the way.

I think what we really want is LIMITS to go to the hunk level, as well
as the directory and file level.

If that could be part of the discussion, you'd really be targeting what
I think we all ultimately want - the changeset factoring tool.

File and directory limits are an essential piece of that, but add in
hunk-level limits and you've got a real winner.

Bob