Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: fixing and extending "selected commit"

From: Denys Duchier
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: fixing and extending "selected commit"
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 00:21:11 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Sure hunk-level limits would be nice, but I think they introduce a
> number of new problems -- such as `how do you specify them?' (whereas
> this is fairly obvious with file-based limits).

exactly.

> Even if hunk-limits are planned, I'd really like to see them added
> later, _after_ the file-based limits are committed, so we can actually
> use the file-based limits sometime soon.

I couldn't agree more.

BTW, I have an uneasy feeling.  I do not want anyone to be mislead
into thinking that what I described is in anyway to be credited to me.
It isn't.  It's all Tom's.  I simply tried to give a reasonably
understandable account of what Tom _might_ have had in mind, from
reading the skeleton code that he put in place.  Of course, I would
very much like to take it further (or help take it further), while
better hackers take care of more urgent or more complex issues :-)

Cheers,

--
Dr. Denys Duchier
Équipe Calligramme